Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Write On! Teen Writing Conference, Summer Reading, and School

I'm sorry for the long break on here. It's been a long time since I had the chance to write! Here is an update about what's been going on lately.

First of all, my origional plan to write a full length review of every book I read this summer is very unlikely to happen. While I will try to post as many of them as I can, I won't be able to post everything. The main reason for this is that I have a job editing a book that a friend of my father's is writing, and that will be taking up some time this summer.

I will still be doing as much reading as possible, but writing out the reviews here can't be my priority at the moment. I will still try to post on here two or three times a week, with book reviews, movie reviews, and updates about what I've been doing.

I will have a new tab at the top of my blog where I will list each book that I read this summer, and then I will link either to it's book review (if I have one written), or to it's Amazon page.

I will be pretty busy for the next few weeks, but I'll try to keep up with the blog as much as possible. I am going to a writing conference in my area which is geared for teens on Sunday. For local readers here is the website: http://www.writeonconference.com/. I am really looking forward to this event, since I haven't really gotten into the writing scene around here, though I know it is pretty substantial. We will also have some relatives from out of town staying with us for a few days later in the week.

In July, we will be taking a few trips to southern Washington, and to Oregon, one for a vacation in Seaside, and one for a John Mayer concert. I'll definitely write a post about that. I also have dance classes starting back up again once we get back. I am hoping to write a little more about dance soon.

And, of course, there is school. I am still not done with school, but I am hoping to do be done in a few weeks. That is the main reason I may be a bit scarce on here in the coming weeks. I am hoping to do as much school as possible so that I can be done for the year!

So, there you go. Expect some book reviews, and make sure to check the Summer Reading 2013 page to see what I've been up to and how many books I've written. My goal is to have the most in the county, in our library's teen summer reading program!

No comments:

Post a Comment