Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Update: Furniture Moving, Test Taking, and Doctor Appointments

Last Friday, I went to the Allergy and Asthma doctor, to see, basically, if I had allergies, or asthma. After talking for a while, and doing a number of lung capacity tests (they take some practice!), the doctor decided to get me a prescription for albuterol (an asthma inhaler). I'll be using it as needed for the next few weeks, to see if it works. I have a really bad cough right now, which I think it part of a long running cold going around our community, which is making my breathing worse, and may have skewed the results from. Interestingly, using the inhaler has actually helped me cough a little less.
It's quite large, much bigger than I expected.

Next week, I'm going back the the doctor to do a skin allergy test (they dip these toothpick like things in the allergens, and then poke them onto your skin. If you're allergic to it, you'll get a little hive there.), and some asthma breathing tests. I'll also talk more to the doctor about how the albuterol has or hasn't helped. 

On Saturday morning, I went to the community college to take the English placement test (which all Running Start students have to take to qualify for the program). I've done a lot of standardized testing (homeschoolers in WA have to take a test every year), but I'd never done any on the computer before, so it was a bit of a new experience. I must say, I like it much better than filling in bubbles. I am quite happy with my test results; I got into the program (which I was sure I was going to do), and I tested into English 101.

Today, I still have this terrible cough, so I probably won't be doing a lot, but I am planning on doing some organizing in my room so that I can move some furniture around. I am planning on moving my desk out of my room and into the family room/school room, but I have a bit of work to do before I can really do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment