Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dancing, Gaming, and Blogging {Life Update}

The blog's been a little quiet lately, so it seems like a good time to do a little updating. First of all, some blog stuff. The rest of the Disneyworld posts are coming, I just need to finish writing them. There are two or three left, and should all be up by the end of next week. Also, there are several book reviews that are coming soon from books I read some time ago, but forgot to review. Homeschool posts should be coming back this week as well.

My mom is on spring break (she works at a community college), which is awesome. She also has a two week spring break this year, which is even more awesome. I'll still be doing school the whole time, but having her home and getting to sleep in are vacation enough. :)

I've always thought of myself as a geek, but the one part of that that I've been lacking in is my tabletop gaming skills. This week, I think I've managed to remedy that by learning to play two major geek games that I'd heard plenty about but never played: 7 wonders, and Magic: The Gathering. The second one I've resisted learning for probably two years, but I succumed to peer pressure. :) It actually was sort of fun, though mainly really confusing. I actually had to leave before finishing the game, but I promised my friend that I'd play again so that he could finish teaching it to me. 

Last weekend I danced in a dance show. It was fun, and it made me realize how much I want to try some other dance styles. I've done Irish dance for almost two years, but I'd really like to try jazz, tap, and maybe ballet. I've always kind of dismissed ballet, since it seems like if you're older than about eight you're too old, but it's not like I would expect to dance professionally or anything. It would just be for fun.

I've been sick the last week, and I was actually feeling pretty bad during our dance performances, but I made it through our two on Saturday (which were at nursing homes), and felt a bit better for our bigger show on Sunday. I wish I hadn't been sick, since I think I would have danced better then, but it still went well I think. :)

I also went to see a movie called "Walking the Camino" on Thursday, which I'm going to review in a separate post sometime in the next week or two.

I also have a post in the works about reading and why to read different types of books. It's still mostly an idea, but it should be done in a week or two as well.

So, the blog should be much less quiet soon! Is there anything you want me to write about, or any books you think I should read? Let me know. The post will probably happen, and I'll try to read the book, though my reading schedule is pretty packed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment