Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Birthday, Allergies, and Dancing

It's been a while since I posted on here, but that's because things have been kind of crazy. I've had a very odd virus (or something) for the last 8 weeks or so, which seems to be almost entirely gone now. It's involved a lot of coughing, and some other symptoms which have come and gone, like a sore throat, feverish achy feelings, and more.

I haven't posted a real update on here in a very long time, so I'll start by going back a bit. My 16th birthday was near the beginning of the month, and it went pretty well, though I wasn't feeling very well. That weekend, we saw two musicals: Pippin, which was done by a local kid's theater group, and Shrek: The Musical, which was done by the theater department at the college my mom works at. The following weekend, my mom and I went to see a play version of The Outsiders, which is one of my all time favorite books.

A bunch of girls (and one boy!) from my Irish Dance class danced at the talent show that the local homeschool organization puts on every year. I would have liked to dance too, but I was in the fluish phase of this illness, and so I just did the music.

I am now signed up for classes at the local community college! Last week I signed up for Study Skills, and Yoga. It's not a lot (6 credits), but I'm still going to be doing Math, History, and probably English at home, so I don't want to overload myself.

My Irish Dance group is dancing at the local Highland Games in a few weeks (three times on Sunday, June 8th,  in case you're local and interested), so we have several rehearsals over the next two weeks. Both the intermediate and beginner classes are performing, so the rehearsals will have everyone. It will be fun, since I usually only dance with the other intermediate people, but I have a lot of friends in the beginner class.

I started tutoring a group of four middle school ages homeschool girls in Latin, which is a lot of fun. I've done a lot of Latin, but I'm not always very confident in my own abilities (mainly because I really can't speak it almost at all, and I can't really understand it when other people speak it, but I can read and write pretty well), so this has been good for my confidence, in addition to my own Latin studies.

I also have been busy editing, and working on a top secret project which has taken a lot of time, and I can hopefully tell you about in a few weeks. This is the same secret project I mentioned way back in January.

As usual, I have a backload of things to post about, including a ton of book reviews, and lots more. I also have a post that I hope to write today or tomorrow, which was sparked by a comment a friend made to me at a party this weekend (my best posts usually are). It's something I've been thinking a lot about recently, and will probably be a lot like the post I linked to in the last sentence. Or maybe not. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment