Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weekend Review #23-24 {Winter Quarter, and UVic}

The past two weeks actually haven't been that busy, surprisingly enough. They've been busy, for sure, but it's all been normal, regularly scheduled events. This level of busy is the new normal for this quarter, it seems like. This upcoming week is actually going to be pretty crazy though, so I want to get this post up before that begins.

Classes at the community college started up again on Jan, 6th, so I've been getting back into the swing of things there. Of course, being on a quarter system, I have a whole new schedule and set of classes now. I'm taking Pyschology 100, which is a general psych class, and English 101, a basic composition class. This is about double what I was taking last quarter, and it's been more work, but certainly not unmanageable. 

For the rest of that week, it was mostly normal stuff: teaching Latin, going to a YARC (Young Adult Review Committee) meeting, and babysitting. I also went to the asthma doctor, and I am now back on a low dose of an inhaled steroid, this time for an indefinite period of time.

Last week was a good example of the "new normal" as I like to think of it. It's a busy schedule, but it's the one I have every week.

Monday I had classes at the college, volunteered at the library, and went to Irish dance. Tuesday, we went to the new Trampoline place in town, which was fun, then I had ballet in the evening. Wednesday was classes at the college, then the homeschool gameday. Thursday I taught Latin, Friday, I had classes at school.

We spent the weekend working on my bedroom. I have literally moved out of it: all my stuff (almost all my stuff) is currently in the family room. I'm going to be moving back in after I get a new bed, and get some other things switched around.

Downtown Victoria at sunset. It's a beautiful city.
Monday, we visited the University of Victoria. It was a very interesting school, and it left me with a lot of things to think about. I'm going to start a new series on the blog here of college posts, discussing each of the colleges I visit. This blog has been a lot of things over time, and it changes depending on what's going on in my life. This is the next big thing for me, so it makes sense that the blog will change accordingly. I'll try to have a post up about that in the next day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a blast. So good you are doing well, keeping busy and re-organizing your room. My dd was in the 10th grade when I pulled her out to homeschool. She finished her AA degree at age 16 and is now at a 4 year university at age 17yrs. She likes living on campus 'just okay' she said that most the students try to move off in their freshman year. So it's nice to read about another young Dual Enrolled student.

    ReplyDelete