Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

March 31, 2016 {Spring break, Beach, and Heatstroke}

Well, as usual, it's been ages since I posted.  While I would love to say that this is the beginning of me posting more regularly again, I can't promise it. But I will try.

Right now, I'm on spring break, though it's almost over. The next quarter starts up on Tuesday of next week. I finished out last quarter with a B+ in German, an A- in Precalc, and an A in Children's Literature. It broke my 4.0 GPA, which I was a little sad about, but I'm not unhappy with the grades I got. Next quarter, I'm taking a Chemistry class, a World History (1750-today) class, and a British literature class about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Yesterday, my mom and Isabelle and my boyfriend Damian and I went to the beach with the homeschool Usual Suspects. It was fun to get to see people, and it was a beautiful day out at Larrabee State Park. Damian and I headed downtown for the rest of the day and continued to enjoy the beautiful weather.

I unfortunately, enjoyed it a little too much, and ended up very heat stroked. I have very fair skin and light eyes, and if I don't wear sunglasses and drink water, I do have a tendency to get heat stroke. I was very tired and felt feverish, and when we were on the bus, I was getting really nauseous and carsick, which is not an issue I usually have. It was a good reminder to me that I have to be way more careful in the sun. Even in March, on the first super nice day of the year, I still have to be careful. It was a super beautiful day, and I did have a good time.

At one point, I was sitting at the bus station, which was deserted except for these two homeless guys and a few WTA employees, and sort of crying because the sunlight and noise were making my head hurt really bad and because when I feel bad physically, all emotional stability goes out the window. I wanted to get up and move to somewhere without people until my mom could come to get me, but I was afraid that I was going to either throw up or pass out if I moved, so I stayed where I was. I have to wonder, what did the people around there think? I'm just another crazy college student :P 

In general, it's been a good, though not very busy, spring break. I'm excited for next quarter to start because I'm looking forward to my classes and to seeing all my friends again. I'm such a social person that not having school is actually kind of hard for me sometimes. I need the interaction or I start getting really restless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment