Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Special Book and Some Special Quotes

On my 13th birthday, my mother made me the bet birthday gift I have ever, and perhaps will ever, receive. She asked the most important women in my life to write a letter to me, and then she made them all into a beautiful book. I have letters from my grandmothers, my aunts, my old nanny, and some of mothers in our homeschool group who we are very close to.

The book starts out with a beautiful letter from my mother, and then each subsequent page (it is made in a scrapbook style) has a letter from someone else, as well as a short quote on the bottom. I love each page because they are all so unique and reflect so much about the women who wrote them. One of our homeschool friends is an artist, and so she decided to make a page for me out of paper, and ink, and cloth instead of words. It is beautiful, and reflects so much about the woman who made it for me.

Since I turned 15 recently, I had pulled out the book again, and read through it. I wanted to share some of the famous quotes that my mother included that really resonated with me this time I read them.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
                        - Oprah Winfrey

A person who graduated yesterday and stopped studying today is uneducated tomorrow.

                     - Origin unknown

I am only one, but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do.

                        - Helen Keller


No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.


                          - Eleanor Roosevelt





That's it for today. Hopefully, I'll have reviews of the new Great Gatsby movie, and Eleanor and Park sometime in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment