Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

BEA, Blogging, and a Teen Writing Conference!

I'm sorry it's been a bit quite on here lately. I have some fun review posts that I'm working on right now, but today I thought I'd just ramble a bit. Over the next few weeks, look for posts reviewing Eleanor and Park (Rainbow Rowell), Messenger (Lois Lowry), Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury), and Star Trek: Into Darkness, the new Star Trek movie, which I saw yesterday. I'm also working on a post about the Great Gatsby movie.

In the mean time, here is a random list of things I've been doing and thinking about recently.

1. A new dream of mine is to attend Book Expo America someday. While I would love to go to all three days as an "industry professional," just going the one day it is open to the public would be absolutely AMAZING! I would be happy to pay the $49 for a ticket, but I would still need to get to New York City somehow... Someday, this is something I really want to do!

2. I am going to a teen writing conference in a few weeks that is being held locally. I am super excited for the speakers, all the break out sessions to choose from, and advice from actual writers working in the field. It will be awesome to spend a whole day with other teenagers who are as excited about writing as I am!

3. I wanted to talk a little bit about how I blog, and why sometimes there isn't much going on here. I rarely write posts the day they go live, though this one is an exception. As soon as I finish writing it, I will publish it. Usually, I will write up a few posts at a time, and then schedule them to be posted later. With blogger, it does it all for me, and they go live without me doing anything. When I get particularly busy, if I miss one day of writing blog post, that means three or four posts don't get written and scheduled. Then, often a week or so goes by before I really realize how long it has been. It's not the best method of blogging, and I don't like it all the time, but it makes it easier to blog when I am so busy. Hopefully this summer I will have more time to blog once I have less school to do.

That's it for today. I hope to have at least two new posts up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment