Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reading Goals

With a little less then half of 2013 left, I have decided to make some goals for the remainder of the year. The first of those is to read every book that I own that I have never read (there are far too many of those). The next is to read all the books that I own that I have not read in many years, or that I have never read my copy of (I have lots of books that I saw at a library sale and bought because I already liked it, and have never read it since). This post is mainly going to be a list of the books I hope to read in those two categories.I'm going to make another tab on the top of the page for this book list, though it will be arranged in the order in which I intend to read them. I'll cross them off the list as I finish them. I'll try to review as many as I have time for.

I'm sure I'll read lots of books not on this list, and I likely won't get to all the ones here, but I'm going to try to read as many as I can.

Check out that page for links to the Amazon.com pages for each book, and to check on my progress. I'll also put the date by each book I finish.

Books I Own But Have Never Read
1. Rosemount by Mary E. Trimble
2. McClellan's Bluff by Mary E. Trimble
3. The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery
4. Ruth Fielding At Silver Ranch by Alice B. Emerson
5. Jason's Gold by Will Hobbs
6. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
7. The Earth is My Mother by Bev Doolittle
8. Dorothy Dale: A Girl of Today by Margaret Penrose
9. The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
10. Dreamdark: Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
11. Barnes and Noble's Great American Short Stories
12. Tales From the Arabian Nights translated by Sir Richard Francis Burton
13. The Greatest Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Aruthur Canan Doyle

Books I Own I Want To Reread
1. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
2. Down the Rabit Hole by Peter Abrahams
3. The Arm of the Starfish by Madeline L'Engle
4. The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman
5. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
6. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
7. Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
8. Dewey by Vicki Myron
9. Troubling a Star by Madeline L'Engle
10. Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff
11. No Promises in the Wind by Irene Hunt
12. Summer of the Swans by Betsy Byars
13. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

While making these lists, I also found that I need to make a third list, a list of books that I have not read in a long time, and that I do not own, that I want to read. Many of them are in some way related to books that I own. Some of the books I do own, but I put on this list to keep them with the rest of it's series. This list may grow as time goes on.

Books to Read that I Don't Own
1. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
2. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart
3. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

No comments:

Post a Comment