Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Homeschool Friday: September 23-27 2013 {Week 4}

We are now at the end of week 4 of our school year, meaning there are only 34 left to go (that sounds like kind of a lot). You might have noticed today that the Summer Reading 2013 page up top went away, and was replaced with 10th grade curriculum. That way, if you are curious about any of the curriculum I am currently using, or see in a post that I did two lessons of math, and are curious what math program, you can now find out!

History
I finished Beowulf, and worked on a writing assignment about Christian and Pagan influences throughout the poem. I did not do as much work as I would have liked, but I think it should be fine.

Science
I did a lot of science this week. I've been reading mostly about minerals and mineralogy.

Spanish
I got stuck early in the week with an exercise where I needed to learn the alphabet. I can't move on until I have it down, and I'm not remembering any part of it, not matter how many times I listen to it on the CD.

English
I've moved into a section on verbs, but I didn't get a lot done in English this week.

Math, Rhetoric, ect.
In math, I did about five lessons, which is good, but not enough to get me caught up. In Rhetoric, I've been continuing to work on a chapter about definitions.

Well, there's not a lot to talk about this week. Mostly just more of the same. I'm going to try to get some more Rhetoric done tonight if I can, and then maybe some math and English this weekend if I have time, which I very well might not. We will see how that all goes. I posted this late today, because I wanted to see how much school I got done today. Hopefully next week will be a little more interesting.

Don't forget I'm going a Q&A post soon, so if you have any questions about homeschooling (or really anything else) for me, please let me know, and I will answer them.

1 comment:

  1. I have an 8th grader going to High School soon and I graduated my 16yr old after just 5 months of homeschooling since she was taking college courses. Do you think that taking a class outside the home with other students motivates you more or gives you less time? Is it harder to meet more people when you are homeschooling for high school? My oldest daughter seems a bit misplaced. She doesn't do the same things the kids at the Community College does, but she isn't in typical high school to meet other kids either, do you have this challenge?

    ReplyDelete