Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Terry Pratchett: A Man Not Soon Forgotten

Another short post today. You may have heard yesterday of the death of Terry Pratchett. Hearing this news made me really sad, and put me in kind of a funk all day yesterday. But seeing the response on social media has actually been an encouraging experience (rare, I know). People love Terry Pratchett, and the respect that has been shown for him is amazing. The way that his passing was announced was heart-breakingly beautiful to begin with, and then the twitter storm that followed was subtle and respectful. 

This response to his passing has made it seem a little less sad in some ways. Today, I came across this article, written by author Scott Lynch, and it made me tear up a little. I highly recommend reading it, but be warned, it might make you a bit emotional if you are familiar with Terry Pratchett. 
View image on Twitter
This was how his death was announced. If you don't know, his character of Death talks in all caps. 
I also encourage you, if you so wish, to scroll through the Terry Pratchett hashtag on twitter. He wrote so many amazing quotes, so many of which are still very pertinent for him. 

One quote that comes to mind for me is this one: “Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” 
― Terry PratchettGoing Postal

Terry Pratchett's name will be spoken for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment