Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ups and Downs, Stress and Life

I've been pretty bad about blogging lately. I definitely hope to get back into it soon. I have a few posts written up about my recent trip to the Washington State Capitol in Olympia, which was super exciting. Those should be up this week.

But before I try to get back into the rhythm of blogging, I wanted to talk a little about why I haven't been. There are a few reasons.

The first is that this quarter is really tough. I'm taking Children's Literature, Pre-calc I, and German II. Children's lit is super fun, but also a lot of work. Pre-calc is kicking my ass right now, and German is pretty easy. The problem with it being easy is that now that I have a test next week I really need to study to make up for slacking off recently.
Basically me all the time the last few weeks :P

The second is health. Over Christmas break, I was having problems sleeping that were related to an anti-anxiety med I had started taking. I was really sleeping very poorly, and that continued as the quarter began. I have also been dealing with Restless Leg Syndrome rather severely since starting that medication, and that also makes sleeping even harder. So the beginning of this quarter I was really struggling with being super tired all the time. Now, it's gotten better, though my sleep still isn't what it used to be.

I also had some major asthma issues last week where I had a cold settle in my lungs. My inhaler wasn't being effective, so I ended up having to get a prescription for a high intensity steroid to take for a few days. Luckily that did help and it went away, but that, plus sleeping poorly, has made the beginning of the quarter a bit rough.

I've also been struggling with some personal stuff. I have to make a lot of decisions soon about where I'm going to go to school, where I'm going to live, and many, many other related things. Lots of things to be aware of and deal with, and lots of decisions to make about how I want to live my life. Being an adult is hard. Can I just not?

Anyway. That's life. I should get back into actually blogging regularly here soon.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget to reach out to us, your friends) anytime things get overwhelming. That's what we're here for. A lot of us have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to do the fun stuff. Read, dance, music, movies. Then adulting isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete