Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Homeschool Fridays: Soccer

This one's another repeat. 

Our homeschool group has done soccer for four or five years now. We meet at the local sports center, where we have some practice time with a coach, and then play a game.

Homeschool soccer started out with just a few families, but now has dozens. We now have three age groups (4-8, 8-11, 12+), each of which has 45 minutes with the coach (30 for the little kids), and a 45 minute game (again, shorter for the youngest ones). For the game, many of the parents play, especially with the teens, and sometimes older siblings who were not interested in getting too serious will play with the middle group.

Homeschool soccer is a great opportunity for us to get out and get some exercise, and see each other.

I didn't get too much into the specifics here, but if you are interested in more information about how we set it up, leave me a comment, and I will write more in depth about it. My goal here was just to give a quick overview of how we have organized sports like this with in the homeschool group.

This is a REALLY short post. Sorry about that. If you have a topic you would like me to write about, let me know, and I will add it to my list, unless it is something answered very easily, in which case I will just add it to a Q&A post. Those are always fun. :) I am trying to come up with more ideas for Homeschool Friday posts, so please let me know what you are curious about!

No comments:

Post a Comment