Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Envisioning the Future

Today I am participating in the Let's Homeschool Highschool monthly blog hop! Today's topic is "Envisioning the Future."


LetsHSHS.com High School Homeschool Blog Hop
When I think about the future, I don't know exactly what to think. Where will I be five, ten, twenty years from now? Today, I'm going to make some guesses, predictions, and ask some questions about the future.

In five years, I will be twenty years old. I imagine that I will be getting ready to start my junior year of college. I think it is likely that I will be going to a small, private, liberal arts college in Washington or Oregon. That, at least, is what I would like to do. It is also possible that I'll be going the college in town and living at home. That would be the more economical option most likely. Where will I be living? Will I keep in touch with my friends? Will I have a job I like? What will I be studying? Will it be English, or something else? These are my questions for my twenty year old self.

In ten years, I will be twenty five. I really don't know what to expect. I hope that I am living in a place I like, and that I have a job I enjoy. Will I have kept in contact with all my friends from today? Will I have a boyfriend or even a husband? Will I be in grad school? Will I be a librarian or editor, or will I have gone in a totally different direction? Will I be living here, in my home town, or will I have gone somewhere else, maybe to a larger city like Seattle or Portland? These are my many questions to my twenty five year old self.

In twenty years, I will be thirty five. By this point in my life, I would like to be settled down, maybe with a few kids. According to family tradition, I have to have a child when I am 31. :) My grandma was born when her mom was 31, my mom was born when my grandma was 31, and I was born when my mom was 31. I hope I have a job I love. Today, I envision that involving books, writing, or literacy in some way, but things can change. Where am I living? Did I stay in my bay side college town, or did I leave for somewhere bigger? Am I still on the West Coast? Right now, I can't imagine ever leaving, but things can change. Am I happy where I am? Have I done everything I wanted to do by this point in my life? This is my main question for my thirty five year old self.

I hope you didn't find my musings too boring. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment