Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Personality Type

Have you ever tried one of these tests? I've done them in the past, but not in a while, so I decided to try it again today. If you want to try it along with me, click on this link. To understand your score (if you're not familiar with the Meyers-Brigg's test) click here, and read that first.

 The most important thing to know about the scoring for this test is that there are pairs, of which you have one of each. But, it is done on a scale, so you have between 1% and 100% of either one. The rest of your percentage is the other. The pairs are: Extraverted (E) vs. Introverted (I), Sensing (S) - Intuition (N), Thinking (T) - Feeling (F), and Judging (J) – Perceiving (P). Again, for a more on how this works click the link in the first paragraph.


Now that you (hopefully) understand the scoring, and have maybe had a chance to try the test yourself, I'm going to share my score with you. I am an ESTJ, which is what I have been in the past when I took this test. I'll break down the percentages for you.


I am 1% Extroverted, 25% Sensing, 62% Thinking, and 44% Judging. Interesting...

Just for fun, if you do the test, once on the results page click on the "Self Growth and Personal Awarness" box. It will bring you to a page with all sorts of descriptions of your personality type. Here is mine. 

Here are some famous ESTJs. :)

Carrie Nation
Elliot Ness
John D. Rockefeller
Bette Davis
Robert A. Taft (U.S. senator, son of Pres. Wm. H. Taft)
Sam Walton, owner and founder of WalMart stores
Barbara Stanwyck
Rev. Billy Graham
Dale Bumpers (U.S. Senator, D-Arkansas)
Phil Fulmer, head football coach of the U. Tenn Vols
Pat Head Summit, head basketball coach of the Lady Vols
Bill Frist, M.D. (U.S. Senate Majority Leader)

Fictional:

Lucy (Charles Schultz's Peanuts character)
Mrs. Harbottle (Herriott, All Creatures Great and Small)
Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)
The Mayor (The Music Man)

In the comments, tell me what your type is! Does it surprise you, or does it seem about right? Mine seems almost exactly right!



No comments:

Post a Comment