Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Blog Changes: Coming Soon

I'm not dead! In fact, things have been going pretty well. They have just been super crazy. In light of recent happenings, as well as my knowledge of what the future is going to look like, this post is going to outline what I imagine will be some changes coming to the blog.  But first, here is a bit of a recap of what I've been doing since I blogged last. 

We went camping in Bend for a week with our friends, which was awesome. We played a game of Capture the Flag with the cross country team who was camping next to us. This is something I definitely intend to blog in depth about as soon as I have a spare minute. After we got back, things have been really, really crazy. I started taking Open ballet classes this summer, so I've has two ballet classes a week, plus two Irish dance classes. I also somehow ended up being in my dance school's production of Dracula, so I've had rehearsals four days a week for that. I started driver's ed last week, so I have that twice a week as well. And of course, there are still all the normal things like volunteering at the library, park day, soccer, golf and more. There have also been plenty of other events going on, like the boat party we had last weekend, and the Hunger Games we held this weekend as well. I'm not even going to bother blogging that one, since Autumn did it so well

I know I had promised some posts before I left, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to manage that right now. This summer has not ended up looking anything like what I expected it to look like, and that means I have a lot less time for things like blogging than I anticipated. I also have done a lot less reading this summer than I had hoped, which is a bit disappointing, but I'm glad to be able to be doing all the other things that I am doing right now.

The reason I'm mentioning this is that I don't feel like I can commit to blogging like I have been able to in the past. This summer schedule makes it hard, and next year, my schedule is going to be pretty variable, and a bit hard to pin down all the time. I will be taking classes at the community college, doing school at home, dancing, and doing any number of things I don't even know about for sure yet. Because of this, I'm going to change some things around here. First of all, I will probably end up posting a bit less (though hopefully more than the last few weeks), and bit more sporadically. However, I do want to have some goals, so that I have something to work for, and you have something to expect. 

1. I will be starting a new feature called the Weekend Review, where I will post each weekend, talking about what I did that week. This is the only posts I will promise at this point. I will publish one post each weekend, even if that's all I'm able to do for weeks on end.

2. This blog is book blog, and I'm trying not to stray too far from those roots. I will write and post book reviews as often as possible. That might not be too often, but I'll do my best. Same goes for TV and movie reviews, and for writing posts.

3. All other kinds of posts will be completely sporadic. If I have something to write about, and time to write, I will. But, I might not have time, and if I don't, then I don't. 

This is all I can promise right now.  Hopefully, I'll have the chance to do way more than this, but I can't have the blog be a priority at the moment. I'll be back this weekend with a review of my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment