Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend Review #5 (Drives, Graduation, and School)

It's been a big week. Before I start, I should say that I have multiple book reviews in the works, and I expect at least one, maybe two to be out this week (yay!), along with a back-to-school update.

Monday was pretty quiet. It was Labor Day, so my mom was off of work.

Tuesday and Wednesday were quiet too. I had Driver's Ed on Tuesday.

Thursday, I had my first drive with my driving teacher! I was really nervous, but I think it went pretty well. I am too cautious most of the time, and my main issue is that I am usually going too slowly, but other than that, I think I'm doing pretty well.

Friday was the graduation ceremony for some people in our homeschool group. It was the first time we've had one of these, but it turned out really well. Some of the parents got up to talk, the grads walked through to get their diplomas, and we had cake. It was a great time, and it was both really exciting, and sad, since this means that they are getting ready to leave and do their own thing.

Saturday, I had a meeting at a local book store. I am now part of their YA Review Committee, which means I get ARCs to review for them. They will use the reviews in their magazine, on their website and Facebook page, and in the store. I also had a Dracula rehearsal.

Today was our first day of school! I'm going to talk more about this in another post, hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry it's a short one today. That's all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment