Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

In Which Hank Green is Inspiring

So today I've been doing a lot of nothing. I haven't gotten a lot of work done, but I have been doing a lot of things that are a) not very practical, and b) rather thought provoking. First of all, for the last few months, I've been watching all of the Vlogbrother videos, in order. I've seen a lot of them before (at least the newer one, and all of the ones in 2013 and 2014), but there are a lot I haven't seen before, or at least not in a long time. It's been really interesting in a lot of ways, and it's taken me a long time. I started in the middle of July, and I've only gotten to May 2011, which means I'm about half way though.

The videos I find most interesting are the ones that are a reaction to an current news event. These videos often try to predict what the outcome will be, and, living in the future, it's very interesting to see what they thought our world would look like.

But there are also videos that are just funny, or insightful, that are still just as funny and insightful today.

I'm thinking about putting together a playlist of my favorite Vlogbrothers videos, and putting it up here, but I don't have time to do that today. Instead, I just want to share this one video I was watching this afternoon. Just a warning, it does contain some adult language, just fyi. I'm not sure if you can see the title or not, but hopefully that should be warning enough.

It's funny, it rhymes, it's kind of standard advice, but it's said in a way that makes you (or at least me) think about it a little more.

And, in case you need something funny, here's a playlist of Hank Green songs. Two warnings: first, there are 90 videos in this playlist, so it's kind of a timewaster. Second, some of these are a bit NSFW, but most of them are fine. Also, the best songs (in my opinion) are the earliest ones, which also happen to be at the very bottom of the playlist.

I've been spending a good bit of my afternoon watching Hank and John while outlining my 2014 NaNoWriMo novel (yay for NaNo progress). I'm finally getting really excited about it. I kind of got some inspiration today, and I'm not sure how good my idea will be, but I like it.

I hope you're having a good Tuesday. I have more outlining (and actual school work) to do. And mom, if you're reading this, I actually have gotten schoolwork and chores done today, just not as much as I could have considering the time I had available. Don't worry. :)



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes doing nothing is a good thing. Most times people don't find the time to just relax, settle down and enjoy hanging out.

    ReplyDelete