Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Weekend Review #12 and #13 {Dracula, Steampunk, and NaNoWriMo}

I missed last week, so I'm just going to combine the two into one post.

Last week was very busy with school, and Dracula. We had performances Saturday and Sunday, and then the show was officially over. I had a test in my Study Skills class, went to the Dracula cast party, and probably did lots of other fascinating stuff that I actually can not remember anymore.

On Monday, I had classes at the college, volunteered at the library, and then went to dance. It was my sister's 13th birthday, so we came home and had cake.

Tuesday, I did homework and went out to lunch with my grandparents.

Wednesday was school, and park day.

Thursday I taught Latin, and then we hosted a Current Events class at our house.

Friday was Halloween, so I went to a friend's house to help my sister and her friends finish making their costumes, and then went to the trick-or-treating event downtown with them. After that, we all went to a party at a friend's house. We had an awesome time there, and did not end up leaving until after midnight.
A Steampunk Halloween

Saturday I had a meeting of the YA review committee at Village Books, our local independent bookstore, and then a Nutcracker rehearsal for most of the afternoon. It was also the first day of NaNoWriMo, and I actually did manage to get in time to write 1667 words.

Sunday, we went to our other grandparent's house for dinner.

It's been a long few weeks, and I don't think it's going to get any easier any time soon. Dracula may be over, but now there is NaNoWriMo to contend with, plus general stuff with my friends that have been coming up lately.

Speaking of my novel, I am (as of Tuesday morning) at 5,018 words, which is exactly on track. I usually like to get ahead a little in the early part of the month, to give myself a little leeway around Thanksgiving, but that's probably not going to happen this year. I do have a long weekend for Veteran's Day, and an even longer one for Thanksgiving, though, so hopefully I can get ahead a little on those days when I don't have college classes to be at.

No comments:

Post a Comment