Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday July 25, 2015 {Steampunk Festival}

1. Mom and Isabelle were selling at the farmer's market this morning, so I just hung around at home for much of the day.

2. Mom and I recently finished watching Lost, and I spent a lot of the time they were gone reading fan theories and various things on the internet that I had avoided so carefully for so long.

3. When they got home, Mom dropped me off at the Steampunk festival in Fairhaven. I hung out with Grace and C. and their family for a few hours until they left. I bought a very cool dragon necklace while I was there.


4. I walked 10 or 15 minutes to the house of a family I babysit for, so that I could watch the kids for the evening.

5. Babysitting was a bit of an adventure. An hour and a half in, I had leaves and dirt in my hair, plus pieces of apple and pear, and I had just finished pacifying a flock of chickens so that I could put them back in their coop. And that was before the handstand lessons, the incident in which I could not figure out how to turn off the hose, or the trip to the dog park with the two kids plus the dogs, which culminated in climbing a very steep hill. Babysitting is fun, but it's also an adventure sometimes.

6. At least the sunset from the hill above the dog park was pretty.



7. I went home, and read Frankenstein, then went to bed, totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment