Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Friday June 26, 2015 {Gay rights, debate, and a party!}

1. When I woke up this morning, I was looking at my email and FB notifications and such, and somehow the email from NPR (I'm on their mailing list about important world events, which I actually highly recommend) about the supreme court ruling was the last thing I saw. Mom came in a minute later and said "Have you seen the news? Obama's making a great speech." I did end up missing most of Obama's speech, but it was still an exciting way to start the morning! :)

2. Cleaned up the house a bit, moved furniture around, and did whatever else was required to prepare for the final current events class of the year.

3. Listened to the new Cortex podcast.

4. Current affairs class! It was the last class of the year, and it was debate style.We were divided into two teams and we debated a number of topic, with the parents voting on who won each round. My team won overall, but just barely. Our topics were - 1) if you could only read classic books or modern books, which should it be 2) Should school stop using grades 3) Should all dogs be allowed to get a license to be in public spaces (like service dogs do now) 4) Should we let Google move to Bham, and 5) Should their be family presidential term limits (ie, should Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton be allowed to be president).

5. After the debates, we all went to the Pyles house for a party! It was a ton of fun, and we played lots of Mafia and Bush Commando.

6. Ted told us that when he was in 9th grade, he did this challenge to transport 7 people 50 ft with only 4 feet touching the ground. We spent a long time trying to do it, and it was challenging. We did manage it eventually, though. Spencer had my arms/head, EK had my feet, and they each had a person on their backs, and there were two people sitting on me. It was crazy, but we did it, and I'm still a bit sore. :P

7. We left the party around midnight, and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment