Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Friday, June 5, 2015 {James's Graduation}

1. Woke up a little late, and was scrambling all morning to get out the door on time.

2. When I got to the Cordata bus station, I took a detour to the Co-op to buy 6 potatoes, then ran to class. I still got their 5 min early.

3. Geology was good. The quarter is clearly winding down, and everyone is so ready for it to be over.

4. After this, C. and I went by his uncle's office, but he wasn't there. We stayed there for a bit, then headed to Syre to our usual spot. I ran to the bathroom where I put two packages of candy apple rings in the bottom of a gift bag and filled the rest of it with potatoes on which I had written things like "Happy Birthday" and "POTATO." I presented this gift to C., which he seemed to appreciate, though that might have just been him being nice. :P

5. I went through some practice SAT problems with him to give him an idea of the process I would go through for the English ones. We both headed off to class.

6. In English 102, we did an exercise I love where you take an index card for each paragraph of your paper, and write the main idea of it on the card. You then shuffle up the cards and rearrange them physically until you find the best order.

7. I missed the first bus, but caught the second one back home. Mom picked me up, and we headed home to change, and then to Stanwood to pick up my grandma, and then all the way to Seattle for my cousin James's high school graduation.

8. The graduation itself was good, though long. It started at 6pm, and was over around 8ish, and we left the school around 8:30, maybe 8:45.

9. James was going off to a school sponsored all night party, but his parents and brother went with me, Isabelle, mom, and my grandma to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

10. We finally left Southcenter around 11pm, and dropped off my grandma at her house, then finally got home around 1am.

11. I finished the blog post for yesterday, published it, started this one, and went to bed around 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment