Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

A Year of Change: 2015

Now that 2015 is almost over, I think it's time for a review of the year. It's been a crazy year for me. Things have been changing rapidly, and it's both terrifying and also kind of awesome.  Here are scattered pictures and links to past blog posts. This was my year.

We started the year out with a sleepover and some terrible selfies. 
Back in January, I was in my second quarter at Whatcom, and I was just beginning the college search process. The winter and spring for me were defined by visiting schools, deciding where to apply to, and a lot of personal growth. Being in college and taking much harder classes was challenging and forced me to grow and adapt a lot, and there were personal and social challenges that forced me to make decisions and grow up a lot very quickly.

Dancing really took off for me. In 2015, I had many chances to dance and perform and they were terrific. I learned a lot from those, and became a much more confident performer.
Highland Games 2015
This is from dancing at Boundary Bay Brewery - one of the best days I had all year.These are the memories I'll always cherish from the era of dancing that is now closing.
Our dancing dream team.

First dance performance with the new group. I have high hopes for us!
I had the opportunity to teach quite a bit. All of the winter, spring, and summer I was able to teach Latin classes to my very favorite students. I haven't been teaching the last few months, and I miss it so much. Over the summer, the Homeschool Academy was a big success and I taught things like dance, yoga, geology, literature, and more over my time there.

I had a birthday and turned 17!
All year I volunteered at the library and also babysat for a family I love a lot. In the fall, I had the opportunity to get a job at the library, but had to turn it down for many reasons. I started working at the Writing Center at WCC, and that has also been a wonderful experience for me.

I successfully pulled off a surprise party for my mom's birthday!
A tree fell on my house. That wasn't the most fun.
This summer was a great one. Along with the Homeschool Academy, there was the awesome trip to Oregon, and lots of time spent hanging out with friends.
My favorite people in the world <3
Candid camping shots - these people are the best
We went to see A Comedy of Errors in Vancouver!

This fall has been a time of a lot of transitions for me. I'm a full time college student now. I practically live at school. I'm working now. Socially, a lot of shifts have happened in my life too. A lot of changes happened in my dance life as well.
I've gotten a lot more involved at school. As seen here: serving cake at the german club Winterfest.
These chairs are my home now.

I finished my college applications, and now have gotten two acceptance letters.

PLU sent the first acceptance letter.
On the whole, this year has been hard, but I've moved through it and honestly, I'm happier now than I've been in a long time. I have absolutely no idea what the next year is going to bring, and while that is pretty freaking terrifying, I'm also excited.

Some Bill Cypher art I did - cause why not?
My interests changes a lot this year too. I got really into podcasts like Hello Internet, Nerdist, Welcome to Nightvale, and 99% Invisible. I've gotten into shows like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe. Don't Starve is my current favorite game, and has been for a long time now.
It's been crazy.

Life is a roller coaster that never stops getting crazier, but I'm a little more ready now. I wasn't prepared for this year, but I think it was a good test run for what I have coming. I made it through all this year's challenges stronger than ever and I'm ready to tackle whatever happens next. I hope.

5 comments:

  1. You handled all those new experiences well! And, you'll have that knowledge under your belt when you go for ylthe next stepping stone. Sorry you had to stretch so much all in one year, though. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You handled all those new experiences well! And, you'll have that knowledge under your belt when you go for ylthe next stepping stone. Sorry you had to stretch so much all in one year, though. Great job!

    ReplyDelete