Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 Movie Review

Now that 2013 is almost over, I have been thinking about all the movies I have seen in theaters this year. I think it is likely that I won't see any more until January, so this seems like a good time to do this update. If I do see any more, I'll try to update this post.

I have kept the tickets from every movie I saw this year. Here are all the ones I saw, and what I thought (or what I remember thinking). Of course, I've seen a lot more movies than this at home, but these are all the ones I bought tickets to see.

January 5: Lincoln. I remember liking this, though I think it was probably not one of my favorites, just because I don't find the topic as interesting as I do with some of these others.

May 12: The Great Gatsby. I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this, but I really liked it. In fact, I think I actually liked it better than the book. Plus, there was some great music. I saw this on my birthday.:)

May 30: Star Trek: Into Darkness. I enjoyed it. I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but it was fun. There were some gimmicky moments, but I still did like it.

June 27: I saw Star Trek: Into Darkness again with different people. I felt the same way about it. :)

November 24: Catching Fire. I liked this movie a lot, a lot better than the first one. It stuck to the book well.

December 1: Ender's Game. Read my review here.

December 12: The Book Thief. Again, read my review here.

If I end up seeing any more movies this month, I will definitely add them to this list.

What movies have you seen this year? Which were the best? I didn't see any movies I didn't like, though some were better than others. Also, you can see that we're really getting into movie season. I've seen three movies in the last three weeks, and none for the six months before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment