Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Book Review Round Up - 2013

Now that 2013 is almost done (just ten days left in the year), I thought it was time to look over the year in books. Since I've only had this blog since March, there are a few months of books I didn't review, and there are quite a few I never got to this summer and fall. Despite that, I still reviewed a good number of books in 2013. Here are some of my best.

1. Eve and Adam by Micheal Grant and Katherine Applegate. I'm not putting this one in here because it was one of my favorite books, but because I often feel like I post a lot of very positive reviews. This is a good example of a book that I didn't love.

2. Pirate Cinema by Cory Doctorow. Cory Doctorow is one my very favorite authors, and this book didn't disappoint. It was a favorite of mine this year. I also read another new book of his, Homeland, this year, and loved it, but didn't have a chance to review it.

3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. This is one of the first books that I reviewed that I really respected, and appreciated, but didn't exactly like all the way.

4. Divergent by Veronica Roth. With the movie coming out soon, this seems like a good one to feature.

5. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I loved this book and highly recommend it. It has raised some controversy recently, which I think is a sign of how great it is. If everybody likes a book, it is unlikely that it did anything risky or unusual.

6. Erebos by Ursula Poznaski. This is one of the weirdest books I read this year, but I highly recommend it.

7. The Eight by Katherine Neville. I liked this book a lot. It's pretty different from the kinds of thing I normally read, which makes it perfect for this list.

8. Parnucklians for Chocolate by B. H. James. This book is the reason Erebos isn't the very weirdest book I read this year. This book is WAY weirder, and I love it. If you only read one book on this list, make it this one. Read the review first though, because I could imagine that this book could be somewhat polarizing for some people.

9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Another fabulous Rainbow Rowell. I liked this one better than Eleanor and Park, which will probably make sense if you read my reviews of the books.

10. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. How could I leave this off my list?

There will be one or two more book reviews coming this next week, and then we're on to 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment