Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Another Holiday Life Update

I've still been really busy, and here is a little summary of what I've been up to. This week has been insane. In addition to all the activities going on, we realized on Saturday that our refrigerator isn't cold anymore. Since we don't know how long that has been the case, a lot of stuff had to be thrown out.

Luckily, it is cold enough outside right now that the deck can serve as a temporary fridge. The worst of it was that we had about nine bags of blueberries we picked last summer in the freezer. Once they thaw, you can't refreeze them, so we have to cook, eat or throw away all of the berries in the next few days, before they go bad.

I'm actually writing this post Sunday night, because Monday is really busy. In the morning, I am doing an embroidery class with the grandmother of a friend of mine who is in town for the holidays. I volunteer at the library in the afternoon (right after embroidery ends), and then I have a few hours to kill before dance. There is also a symphony concert that another friend is in that starts right when dance ends that we might go to.

Today, I went to see the Nutcracker as performed by NW Ballet (where I do Irish Dance). I had a friend in it, and she was fantastic. The whole show was really good. On Friday, we saw the Christmas show of another dance studio, which had some more friends of mine in it. It was really different than that usual Nutcracker fare, and it was a lot of fun too.

On Saturday, we went to Seattle to visit my cousins and make and decorate sugar cookies, something we have done for at least thirteen years. Even though we're teenagers now, it is still a ton of fun. Hopefully, I'll be able to post the pictures of a few of our cookies soon. As we get older, it is just as much fun, but our cookies get way fancier.

That's it for this random post. I'll post again tomorrow, but I have no clue what that will be about yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment