Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Best Friends {Question #2}

Welcome to the series where I answer open ended questions from a quiz I found on Tumblr. They are a great opportunity for me to share bits and pieces about myself on the blog.

Today's question is:

What makes someone a best friend?

There are a couple of people who I would say were my “best friend” at different points in my life. One of them, who was my best friend from about ages 9-13, drifted out of my life until one day I realized I hadn’t talked to her in almost a year. When she was my best friend, it was honestly mostly because there was nobody else. She lived close to me, her dad was friends with my dad, and she was basically the only other girl my age that I knew. We were very different people, but we did a lot of stuff together, and had a lot of fun. She pushed me out of my comfort zone a lot, and as it turned out, that was often a good thing.


The girl who I would now call my best friend just faded into that role. One day, she introduced me to someone at school as her best friend, and I thought “Oh, yeah, I guess that’s right.” Unlike with M, L and I have a ton in common. We’re both huge readers, we have all the same friends, lots of similar interests, out parents are super similar, and we’ve had a lot of new experiences together. There have been periods of time where we don’t talk all that often. We both have other friends, who we actually spend more time with, and talk to more. But I think we’re still best friends because when I show up at her house, I feel like part of the family, and when one of us gets asked out on a date, the other will be the first (and maybe only) person to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment