Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Friday August 21, 2015 {The Lynden Fair}

1. We got up and headed to Stanwood to pick up my grandmother. We stopped at her house for a while while my mom made a few calls about the mold situation. We have this mold problem that is probably actually a plumbing issue, and that is really bad and needs to be fixed asap. Mom talked to an insurance person and a friend who was helping with it, and then we headed to Marysville to go shopping.

2. We went to the Seattle Outlets, which are not, despite the name, in Seattle. I suppose in the general scheme of things they are pretty near Seattle, but to me the name has always seemed strange because I think of them as very separate places. We were there for our annual end of summer shopping trip with my grandmother, and got clothes and shoes for the year.

3. We were there most of the day, and headed back midaftenoon. We dropped my grandmother back off in Stanwood, and then headed home.

4. Almost as soon as we got home, we left again. Mom dropped Isabelle and I, plus MP and IP off at the Northwest Washington Fair in Lynden. We met up with Spencer and Grace, and the four of us (Spencer, Grace, C. and I) wandered around looking at various things and eating lots of food. The three girls wandered off with the money they were given and weren't seen for most of the evening.

5. I think we got to the fair at about 6, and we left a little after 10, so we weren't actually there all that long. We didn't end up doing any rides or even going over to the carnival section at all. We spent most of our time looking at the animals and the various plants and quilts and other exhibits.

6. Spencer drove the five of us home and dropped Isabelle and I off at our house. It was a weird feeling driving with the three girls talking in the back and Spencer and I in the front talking about traffic laws and the fair and stuff. I've gotten pretty used to being pretty independent on my own lately, taking the bus to school and back, and doing a lot of stuff on my own. This was different though, it felt oddly domestic. :P

7. I was really tired when we got home. Read The Time Traveler's Wife, and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment