Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Banned Books: Part Four

This post is part of a series that I posted on my old blog in September 2012. I am redoing them here over the next few weeks. Part one, part two, and part three. 

Here are the top 46-60 most commonly challenged books from 2000-2009, according to the ALA. The bold ones I have read. My comments below the title. The links lead to their Amazon.com pages. In the case of a series, it either goes to a box set, or the first book in the series.


46. Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
 Yet another classic I have not yet read.

47. The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby: The First Graphic Novel by George Beard and Harold Hutchins, the creators of Captain Underpants, by Dav Pilkey
I think the title probably tells you all you need to know about this one. Believe it or not, I have not read it, and do not plan to. :)

48. Rainbow Boys, by Alex Sanchez
I had not heard of this book before, but after reading the Amazon description, I intend to read it soon.

49. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey

50. The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini

51. Daughters of Eve, by Lois Duncan
Yikes. Creepy looking.

52. The Great Gilly Hopkins, by Katherine Paterson

53. You Hear Me?, by Betsy Franco

54. The Facts Speak for Themselves, by Brock Cole

55. Summer of My German Soldier, by Bette Green
One of my all time favorite books. When I first read this book, at the age of eight, it was the first time that a book made me think in a way that I was unaccustomed to.  It made a big impact on me.

56. When Dad Killed Mom, by Julius Lester

57. Blood and Chocolate, by Annette Curtis Klause

58. Fat Kid Rules the World, by K.L. Going

59. Olive’s Ocean, by Kevin Henkes

60. Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson


That's it for today. Come back tomorrow for 15 more books.

I have read 14/60 of the books for far. What about you? Have you read any of the ones I have not? If you post a short (1-3 sentaces) comment about he book in the comments I will edit it into the post. If possible, I want comments about every single book!

No comments:

Post a Comment