Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Homeschool Friday: My School Routine

Today, my topic is one suggested to me on Google Plus, and it is about my daily school routine. I am going to give you a quick look at my day, and how school fits in there.  My days vary quite a bit, with all the activities out side of the house I do, but here is a really basic outline.

I was trying to decide how to start this, and to me that the best thing to do would be to give you a day, just like it it happened. So, here is my Thursday this week. I was home for all but two hours in the middle of the day, so I felt like I really needed to try to use the time to get caught up on school. This might be more detail then you want or need, but it is a good look at a school day for me.

8:15 am: After getting dressed and eating some breakfast, I was now ready to start some school. I start out with a Biology lesson in which I read my text book and answer some questions. I don't have any labs with this section.

8:30 am: Now I moved on to an English lesson, in which I work on an essay I am writing.

9:00 am: Now that I am done with both of those, I take a break to do some writing on 750words.com. This is not school, but I do try to make time for it whenever possible. I feel like I can take the time to do this because I know I will have some more time to do school in the afternoon. If I had not had that time, I probably would skipped writing.

9:15 am:  I am done writing for now, so I am off to do some chores and maybe read a little bit and have a snack. I didn't write for very long, but I might do some more later if I have time. 

10:00 am: I make some tea, and decide to read some more. I used to read a lot, but in the last few years, school has taken over and I practically have to schedule time just to read for fun. Today is not too busy, so I try to be a little more relaxed then usual, and spread school out more.

11:00 am: I decide to just hang out until we have to go. The weather is absolutely beautiful (It is about 65 degrees, and sunny!), so I spend some time outside.

12:00 pm: I have stained glass class until 2pm at a friend's house. Her mother is teaching the class.

2:30 pm: I arrive back home, and make some lunch. While I eat, I do some reading for History.

I was trying to make notes of when I did stuff, because I knew I was going to do this post, but I forgot after this point. Between 3 and 5 pm, I did some reading, took a shower, and did some Latin.


So, there you have it. It is important to remember when reading this that this is an example of a day, and all my days are different. Take from it what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment