Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Homeschool Fridays: First Day of School

 This is a rerun that originally was published on my old blog, Living Homeschooled, in September 2012.

 For the last four or five years, we have always done something special for the first day of school. What exactly that means changes from year to year. Several years we have gone to a pottery painting place and painted pencil holders, and little boxes, and things like that. We also usually go out for a special lunch, or a treat of some kind.

Usually we start school on Labor Day, since my mom works at a community college, and so has that day off work. This year, we were in Oregon over Labor Day, and so we started on Sunday, Sept. 9 instead. Here is a look at our first day of school 2012:

We went to a bakery about five minutes from our house to get donuts for breakfast. We brought them back to eat. After breakfast, we went to start school. As tradition calls for, my sister and I each also got a gift of some kind. I got a new clip board a and a chocolate bar. She got a dog-drawing book with her chocolate.

We did our school work, and then ate the macaroni and cheese and fruit salad that my mom had made for lunch.

After lunch, we went to the Teen Game Day that the homeschool group does for the teenagers. We all get together once a month and play games. This time was really boring as none of my friends could make it, and there weren't any games I wanted to join.

After that, we went home and had pizza for dinner. Really bad food day, I know, but it is kind of nice to have a day where you really like every meal every now and then. Just not too often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment