Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Banned Books: Part Three

This post is part of a series that I wrote for my old blog in September 2012, and that I am posting here now. Part one, and part two. 


Here are the top 31-45 most commonly challenged books from 2000-2009, according to the ALA. The bold ones I have read. My comments below the title. The links lead to their Amazon.com pages. In the case of a series, it either goes to a box set, or the first book in the series.




31. What My Mother Doesn’t Know, by Sonya Sones
I have not read this book, but I might have to check it out. It looks good.

32. Bless Me, Ultima, by Rudolfo Anaya

33. Snow Falling on Cedars, by David Guterson
I have not read this book, though it is on the bookshelf a few feet from me. I really want to read it soon, mostly because it was written by a local author, and takes place maybe 30 miles from my house.

34. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things, by Carolyn Mackler
I probably won't read this book, it just isn't really the type of thing I usually like.

35. Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging, by Louise Rennison

36. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
I have not yet read this classic either.

37. It’s So Amazing, by Robie Harris
By the author of "It's Perfectly Normal" this book is very similar, but is aimed at younger readers.

38. Arming America, by Michael Bellasiles

39. Kaffir Boy, by Mark Mathabane

40. Life is Funny, by E.R. Frank
Yet another book on my To-Read list...

41. Whale Talk, by Chris Crutcher
A very good, moving book. Kind of makes you think, "Are we really like that?"


42. The Fighting Ground, by Avi
I have not read this book, but Avi is an amazing author, so I am sure it is very good.

43. Blubber, by Judy Blume
I haven't read this, but come on, it's Judy Blume!

44. Athletic Shorts, by Chris Crutcher

45. Crazy Lady, by Jane Leslie Conly


That's all for today. Come back tomorrow for 15 more books.

I have read 13/45 of the books so far. How many of them have you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment