Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

A Note to All Readers

Hi all!

I started this up about a week ago, with the goal of recording and sharing this part of my life. My hope was that it would provide my family and friends with a method of keeping up with what I'm doing, and also to be something I'll be able to look back on in the future and remember what I was doing in 11th grade and beyond.

What I did not anticipate was that people would actually be reading it in the numbers that you are. I'm expecting that that number will go down a bit over time, but I thought that it might be a good idea to write a bit of an introductory post.

I do expect that if you are reading this blog consistently, you probably know me in real life. If you don't, I imagine that you will find this blog hard to follow in the long run. My goal here is not to be a storyteller, but simply a recorder.

This is particularly important considering that when I am talking about my day to day life, I'm going to be inevitably talking about other people. This puts me in a hard spot sometimes, because I want to make sure not to overstep any boundaries, or talk about anybody in a way that they don't wish to be spoken about, particularly if they don't even know that this blog exists, or that I'm talking about them on it.

As a result, you will see that many people will be referred to with a simple letter. This letter is an initial that is easy for me to remember and use, and, if you know me and my friends and family, it probably won't be hard to tell who I'm talking about. I'm considering using other methods of identification for adults in my life, but we'll see. For teachers, or other people who are in some public role, I'll use their full name if it makes sense to do so.

If you are someone whose name is (or isn't) being used on here, and you would like to let me know that you aren't comfortable with your name being on here, or that you don't mind me using your real name, please go ahead and leave me a comment on any post.

I won't post every day. I'm hoping for 4ish days most weeks, maybe more or less on some weeks. I won't post on days where I don't have time, just don't feel like it, or if I have something going on that I don't want to talk about.

On that note, this is not a full record of everything I am doing all the time. If you know me in real life, and read about what I did on Thursday, be aware that I may have left out details or entire events if I felt like it was a good idea. There could be a multitude of reasons for doing that, but don't assume that because I didn't write about something, it didn't happen.

Thank you so much for choosing to keep up with me this way! If you really want to stay up to date on my life, put your email address in the box in the top right hand corner of the page. If you do that, you'll get an email every time I post to this blog.

Thanks for reading! And please feel free to comment! I'd love to know who is reading, and what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment