Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 {Pirouettes}

Today would be a little boring to go through in strict chronological order, so instead, here are the things I did today, grouped so that they make more sense.

1. I spent the majority of the day working on an essay, the rough draft of which is due tomorrow. I knew what I was writing about, and I had lots of pieces written (about 2000 words actually), but it was in little chunks I needed to find a way to piece together. I decided to go the index card and color coded note route, which is always fun and worked pretty well, though I feel like it could still be more cohesive.

2. I worked on a world map for Geology for a while. Each tectonic plate had to be colored a different color on a double page spread world map handout. That was actually super fun. Next step is to label a bunch of fault lines and active volcanoes on it.

3. For history, I mostly did map work. Those maps were a little frustrating, and I ended up changing the directions because A) I didn't like them, and B) they weren't doable with the information I had. Granted, Google exists, but I didn't have the time or patience to bother looking the stuff up. Maps are fun, though, and I love doing them for history. Getting to do one for Geology too is awesome. I also did some reading for history.

4. Those things took up the majority of my day, but I also did a bit of SAT math prep, and listened to the new Hello Internet episode while I worked on map stuff.

5. Those things were basically my entire day from 8 to 5. After that, we had dinner, and I left for ballet.

6. Ballet class was good. I've been getting a little frustrated with my turns lately, and today I had the same problems. Today in pirouettes and piques, I could easily do a single, but consistently fell out of it 1.5 times around, never being able to hit a double with out falling out of the turn.

7. After dance I came home and tried to make the Works Cited page for my essay, before realizing I didn't have all the information I needed to do that, and so turned in my draft online.

8. Did random stuff on the internet for a little bit, instead of working on more Geology homework like I probably should have. I was too burned out from doing work all day. No more!

9. Wrote this post, read Jane Eyre, went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Monica! I was catching up today on "Reading, Writing..." and I found this. Very cool! Fun to finally get a glimpse into your world on a 24-hour timescale. I should probably do the same thing, reverse direction--spin off a blog from my journal to cover non-journal posts, short essays, &c.
    Nomic sounds awesome--is it too late for me to get into that game? Much more philosophically advanced than Steal the Bacon :)
    Don't forget to be Leroy,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete