Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 {Earth Day}

*Quick note: I am going to be using initials to refer to various people in here if I'm not sure whether or not they want their names on my blog. If you don't know all of us, this might be a tad confusing, but it should at least help me in writing these, and will hopefully make the sentences clearer to read. If I'm referring to you as a letter in here, and you don't mind your name being out, let me know. My plan is to use initials to refer to kids, and use names for adults for the most part. Anyway, feedback appreciated on that one.

1. Woke up, got ready, and ate a hurried breakfast on the way to the bus. Caught the bus to school.

2. Went to Geology. The topic of the day was sedimentary rocks. I must say that I like the igneous rocks better so far. Much more neat and orderly in their identification.

3. Hung out with C (who is a friend of mine who is also in my Geology class) for an hour and a half. Watched him play mini-golf on his phone, played some mini-golf myself (I probably shouldn't have downloaded that app, but I did), and helped him with his Interpersonal Communications homework. And by help, I mean that he read the questions he had to answer out loud, and I looked slightly confused, and mumbled some things, and was generally useless.

4. Went to English. We were discussing an essay called "Lest We Think The Revolution is a Revolution" by Cynthia Selfe about the tech revolution (it was written in 1999) as it relates to teaching and schools.

5. Met my dad and Isabelle for lunch at the Co-op.

6. Park day! It was a nice day, and I mostly hung out with E, H, and C. We talked about being a feminist (I usually call myself one, but C was arguing that I shouldn't because of the negative . connotations that word has nowadays. He was saying that I should call myself an "equal rights activist" instead), and various other randomish things.

7. Came home, ate dinner, and wrote a 700 page informal paper, still on the topic of religion in the homeschool group. This is turning out to be a really interesting topic, but I'm a little worried about how well it's going to translate into a longer essay. I like most of what I've written so far, but what is looking like it's going to be my thesis is depressingly broad. Must fix that somehow...

8. Watched Doctor Who, wrote this, read Jane Eyre, went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment