Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday, April 30, 2015 {Latin}

1. I got up around 6:45 and got ready for the day.

2. I spent most of the earlier part of the morning focused on making a plan for Latin. Around 10, Lisa called to say I. wouldn't be at Latin. I made a few more quick calls to make sure that H. would be there, and that Gloria was fine with us using her house as a classroom.

3. After finishing up the Latin prep, I read and notated an essay of a classmate from my English class which I am doing a peer review of. I ate some watermelon while doing this. Also did some history stuff.

4. I walked to Gloria's for Latin. With one student missing, it was a bit of a different experience, but I think it went well, and we covered everything I wanted to in the time allotted.

5. I got a ride home from Connie, and then ate lentil soup while working on my peer review letter.

6. My dad came to take us to his house. Once there, I finished the peer review letter and submitted it online, then switched to Geology. I researched volcanoes for a while for an essay I have to write, but burned out pretty quickly. I finished a post lab worksheet, then did a bit of work on a lab on plate tectonics, and read a bit about metamorphic rocks in my textbook. I am a bit behind on reading, but should be able to catch up pretty easily this weekend.

7. I did unimportant internet things for a while, like checking DeviantArt which I really need to do more often, and briefly discussing the new CGP Grey video and the new Hello Internet episode with H.

8. As burned out and tired as I was, I persevered and worked on math prep for the SAT a bit. Not sure how useful it was since I was having a really hard time paying attention, but since the test is on Saturday, it seems like a good idea to at least try to be prepared.

9. Isabelle and I ate dinner with Dad, Beth, and Aidan (my stepmom and stepbrother), then went to Menchies.

10. Came home and read the peer review letter that my classmate wrote for me. I think he had some good suggestions, and I will definitely take what he said into account as I go about revising this essay.

11. Cleaned the house a bit for current affairs tomorrow. I thought about trying to do some more school stuff, but my mental exhaustion won out and nothing productive was done.

12. Watched Doctor Who, puttered around a little on the internet, read Jane Eyre and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment