Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Daily Outlines 11/6 and 11/7

Like Spencer, I'm having trouble at the moment with even outlines, so I'm going to go even more minimalist and do just greatest hits, leaving out anything not too important. Hopefully that'll help me get around to blogging a little more often. I do like having these daily records.

November 6th

-In math was in class group problem sets involving using logs. No one finished, and I went to the math center with another guy from my group to finish. I ended up helping him with the stuff I'd already done and left as confused as I arrived. I have since continued to try to figure it out, but I don't even have any idea where I went wrong, much less what I might do to fix it. I think I'll go to my instructor's office hours on Monday.

-Philosophy was kind of boring. Still didn't grade our quizzes from last week.

- German, talked about noun cases. They have Nominative, Genitive, Dative, and Accusative, all of which mean just what I would expect. My teacher made me kind of infuriated when he used the sentence "The man threw the football to the kid" as an example of an indirect object. I know why he did, I totally get it, but still. That is an object of the preposition. Not an indirect object. Luckily I contained my frustration and didn't say anything, but I was thinking of Heidi the whole time (she is known in our Latin classes for getting annoyed at the textbook for making that very error).

-I hung out and ate lunch then when to the library to volunteer. Got a ride home with Gloria.

-Wrote, ate dinner, watched Lost.

November 7th

-Got up, did some math homework (I have gotten kind of behind and I need to get caught up before the next test).

-Went to the YARC meeting, another small group today. Got two books, one of which I'm pretty excited about.

-Went to my grandmother's house for lunch, because my aunt was in town and it was recently Isabelle's birthday.

-While we were there, I interviewed my grandmother for my Philosophy class, which was very interesting.

-Went home, did a little more homework, wrote, watched Doctor Who and Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment