Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) has officially begun!

I waffled a lot about whether I was going to participate this year, but I have decided to go for it. I have an idea that I really love, and I think that with some careful planning, I can make this happen. I hope. I must admit that I am going directly against the advice of my two best friends by doing this, so if I crash and burn spectacularly, they'll get to say "I told you so."

As of right now, I have 2375 words. I didn't have too much homework to do today, so I got up and immediately started writing. One of the things I'm going to have to do this year is try to write a lot more than 1667 (the daily average you have to hit) on weekends and other days I have free time, because I know for sure there will be days where I can't hit 1667.

Right now, I have a lot of momentum, which is awesome. I know what I'm going to write tomorrow (which is definitely a good thing), and I'm hoping the momentum I have right now will carry me through the next few days.

I have enough of a plan this year that I sort of know where I'm going, which is helpful. I'm usually a pretty hardcore pantser, but this year I think having some structure and plan will help on those days that I have no energy but still desperately need to write.




No comments:

Post a Comment