Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Friday, May 15, 2015 {Pizza and Ice Cream}

1. I got up at 6, and got ready for school. I took the bus to WCC, and got to class early as usual.

2. I had decided the night before to not even attempt the bonus assignment, and as it turned out, only one person actually did. We had a quiz (which I think I did okay on), and then the rest of the class period was finishing up the rock identification lab from a week or two ago. C. and I barely had time to finish the lab before class was over, and actually, we stayed a few minutes late to get the the last two or three rocks. The lab and postlab worksheets were actually due today, but since I don't think a single person finished in time, he said we could turn them in on Monday morning instead.

3. After that, C. had to work, so I went to find L. to hang out for a while. After she left for class, I had to go the the library to print some things out for my next class. I went to go meet C. in the math center, but got caught up talking to Jake about Age of Ultron, which I haven't seen yet, and he's seen twice now. I eventually just had to leave the conversation because of spoiler reasons, but by the time I made it to the math center, C. was already gone.

4. I went to English. We had just turned in proposals for our research project, which included a short annotated bibliography, and we spent much of the class in peer review groups reading and discussing other people's proposals.

5. After class, I rode the bus downtown, and walked to an appointment I had. After that, Connie gave me a ride to Current Events class at my house.

6. The meta-topic of the day was "debate", and it was an interesting one. Lots of good discussion.

7. After class, most of us went to a pizza place downtown to eat and hang out. Despite my "no gifts" edict, I did still recieve a few, most notably from C. a sonic screwdriver that is an actual working pen that writes in normal ink and invisible ink. And the screwdriver lights up with ultraviolet light, letting you read the invisible ink.

8. After a few hours, we walked a few blocks to Mallard's for ice cream. Once there, HW. and I (and sort of C.) spent a while trying to figure out how much dirt you eat a day if you, as HW. claimed an old saying said "eat a peck of dirt before you die." Using a conversion app on his phone, we did some calculations, and after a lot of error, we came to the conclusion that if you do indeed eat a peck of dirt (which is about 2 gallons) of dirt before you die, and you live for 80 years, you eat about 1/3 of a cubic centimeter of dirt each day. I love my geeky friends. :) 

9. Ted got the rest of them to sing happy birthday to me not once but twice, once at Rudy's, where I was sort of expecting it, and once at Mallard's, where I definitely wasn't. 

10. We went home, read Jane Eyre, and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment