Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday, May 9, 2015 {Babysitting}

1. Got up a little after 8, and did nothing useful for a while. Talked with some friends, added my vote to the new Nomic rule suggestion, read some blogs, and the like.

2. Got ready for the day, ate some food.

3. Spent the vast majority of the day laying around, listening to music, trying to brainstorm some ideas for the research paper that I'll spend the rest of the quarter writing in English, and working on my Geology post-lab.

4. Ate pulled pork sliders for an early dinner, than went babysitting.

5. The kids and I had an awesome time playing outside. The weather was so awesome - it was still warm and light out all the way up until I left at 8:30. First the kids played out in the yard, but when the hose with the mist attachment came out and people started getting wet (well, when I started getting wet, the kids loved it) it was time to find something else to do. We took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood, played a bunch of hide and seek in the grass, and threw around some styrofoam airplanes. Those planes became my nemises, as one first went into the neighbor's yard, and I had to go talk to the neighbor kid (who did not look happy that some random teenage girl with no shoes and dried grass in her hair was trying to get help from him) who eventually got it back for me. It them went into a tree, and I had to climb up and retrieve it. Then, it went into the chicken inclosure which was full of poop (and empty of chickens because it needed cleaning. After that, I directed the kid's attention elsewhere.

6. Playing outside with the kids gave me a weird feeling. We were playing hide and seek in this big stretch of tall grass above the dog park in Fairhaven, and it reminded me of the places my sister and I used to play growing up. When I was running through the grass and throwing myself down in it, and looking up at the sky, it took me right back to being seven or eight years old and playing these kinds of games with Isabelle, which I realize now was nearly ten years ago. It's a strange feeling.

7. When my mom and Isabelle picked me up from that, they surprised me with a Chocolate Almond donut (my very favorite kind) from Rocket Donuts!

8. I came home very tired from playing with the kids, and read a little on the web before writing this, reading Jane Eyre, and going to bed.

Tomorrow's going to be an interesting day that I will write about once I have the chance. Also ,a very happy belated birthday to Spencer!

No comments:

Post a Comment