Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday, May 11, 2015 {Small Town}

1. Got up at 6am, and got ready for the day. Left the house to catch the bus at 7:20, and got to school around 7:45.

2. Geology. Today's topic was glaciers and that sort of stuff. It was actually pretty fun because a lot of it was talking about local stuff. Mt. Baker turns out to be a totally interesting place when it comes to this kind of stuff.

3. After class, C. went to register for fall classes, so I hung out with L. for a while. After C. came back, we talked about random stuff for a while, including local drama, gummy candies, minigolf, what classes we're taking in the fall, and various other things.

4. English. We had to get started on our research papers today, which we'll be working on for the remainder of the quarter.  I am writing about homeschooled students' preparedness for college and the world beyond, which I think should be a fun and pertinent subject. When we shared our topic ideas with the class, everyone seemed to think I was sort of crazy, but that's okay. I don't mind being the crazy one who writes about homeschooling as long as I get a good grade.

5. After that, C. played minigolf on my ipod for a while because the iOS version has more features than the Android one. He left for class, and I worked on homework for a little while, and wrote up yesterday's blog post.

6. I caught the bus to the library, and volunteered there for an hour, cleaning toys, books, and glue sticks (almost the weirdest thing I've done in the four years I've been there).

7. Went to Chocolate Necessities w/ Julie and the boys. Gelato of the week: chocolate, red orange, and pink grapefruit. I did some Geology homework, and ran into my friend Devon from many years back, plus Dad and Beth stopped by as well. Small town...

8. Irish dance. We had an hour of class, and then a little over an hour of rehearsal for an upcoming performance.

9. Came home, ate some dinner, texted a little with some friends, wrote this, read Jane Eyre, went to bed.

I'll post about tomorrow for sure. Today's my last day being 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment