Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Thursday, May 7, 2015 {Pompeii}

Sorry for the absence. It's been kind of a crazy week in every way. I've had some personal stuff going on, plus an crazy amount of homework at school. It seems to be slowing down a little but, but it's certainly not calm yet. Also, this is a few days late, but I still wanted to make sure I had a chance to write about this trip.

1. I got up at about 7:30. I've found now that even when I can sleep in, I still wake up pretty early.

2. I got ready, and drove to the high school (which is five minutes away) to get my Running Start paperwork signed for next fall. That took ten minutes, and then we came home and I ate breakfast and got ready to leave for Seattle.

3. We left about 11 (later than planned), and stopped at Haggen to quickly pick up some lunch. We made it to the Pacific Science Center just before 1. We (literally) ran three blocks to the PSC to get into the movie about Ancient Greece that started at 1. Julie and her crowd were already there and ushered us quickly in.

4. After the movie, we went into the Pompeii special exhibit, which is why we were at the Science Center in the first place. It was pretty interesting.

5. After coming out of that, we went into the butterfly exhibit. As Spencer said in his post about the trip, walking through the Science Center, and being in the butterfly area was kind of surreal. It all looks and feels exactly like it did when I remember going there as a kid, ten or so years ago. It's a weird feeling.

6. Everyone walked to the fountain, but I was having knee problems and couldn't walk that much more, and so Mom and I stayed sitting next to the Science Center. At dance on Tuesday, I did something to my left knee (which has a hyper-extension problem), and on Wednesday I did a lot of walking at parkday, which aggravated it, and by Thursday my knee was popping every time I stepped on it.

7. After they all got back from the fountain, we all went to the Chipotle in Northgate, which took us an hour to get to. Traffic was insane, and it took us forty minutes to get from the Seattle Center back to the freeway!

8. We all met at Chipotle and had dinner there. We left around 8ish, and got home before 10. On the car ride home, I worked a bit on the essay that was due in my English class the next day.

9. Got home, read Jane Eyre, texted with my friends a bit, went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment