Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Friday, May 8, 2015 {Last Self Defense Class}

Another backlog, almost back up to the present!

1. Woke up early, went to school. Some of my friends and I have had a group chat on google hangouts and have recently discovered the near impossibility of getting all four of us in the chat at the same time. We were all briefly on in the morning for about 10 minutes, then I had to leave for school.

2. Got off the bus, walked to Kulshan, and waited for class to start. The bus I take gets me there about 20 minutes early, so I usually am the first person there.

3. It was a lab day in Geology, and we spent the day working on what my teacher calls "Geopuzzles." Basically, we get a drawing of a cross section of an outcrop or roadcut of rock, and then we have to say how the layers (and other features like faults) got there and in what order. I actually really like those, and I have a few more to do as the post-lab homework.

4. After Geology, C. and I went back to our normal spot in Syre. L. came and hung out with us for a while.

5. My English class was canceled because of an all-day all English department meeting, so when C. left for his next class, I went downstairs to get food and then finished up my essay. I added the Works Cited and did some proofreading. I recently was introduced to the bibliography tool in Word, and it is awesome. It makes citations so much easier. 

6. I walked to the computer lab to print off my essay, and over to Anna Wolff's office to turn it in in a box outside her door.

7. After doing that, I went back to Syre (the social hub of campus), and hung out with Lydia and her friends, most of whom I know to varying degrees. Matt, a guy from my English class, walked by and we talked briefly about our essays (both of which exceeded the 6-8 page guideline) and the fact that I'm on Anna's tenure review committee (woo! more on that later).

8. I got on the bus downtown, and walked (8 blocks uphill) to an appointment I had. After that, I walked back the way I came a few blocks to the Co-op downtown to do Latin with IP (using 1st and last cause "i" is too confusing to use alone as an initial). 

9. After Latin, Ted picked up IP, and my mom picked me up and we went home to eat dinner. After dinner, we went to the final self-defense class. The first part of the class was roleplaying de-escalating situations in pairs. When we came back to the big group, the teacher asked S. and I to do part of our roleplay again for the group, because we had a pretty realistic situation. That was a bit embarrassing, but we did do it anyway. The rest of the class was mostly review of things we've done over the past five weeks, plus a few new things about getting out of headlocks and stuff like that.

10. We got home pretty late, and I texted with some people for a little while before reading Jane Eyre and going to bed. For the first time in a week or so, I was so tired that I fell asleep pretty much immediately. It was a really long day, the kind where at the end of the day, the beginning of it felt like it had been a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment