Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday, May 2, 2015 {SAT!}

1. Got up at 6:15 (fifteen whole minutes later than I do on weekdays!!!!) after waking up at 4, 5, 5:30, an 6, freaking out that I had overslept.

2. Ate a quick breakfast, gathered my things, and left for the high school.

3. From 7:45 to 1, I was in a room taking the SAT. I would tell you about it, except that I signed a statement that yes, I was who I said I was, and no, I would not talk about the test in any way. So, yeah.

4. I missed the YARC (YA Review Committee) meeting at Village Books entirely, but a few of my totally awesome friends stuck around (and saved pizza for me!!). I went to VB after leaving the highschool to drop off the ARCs I needed to return, and C, L, and E were all still there, and we hung out for a little over an hour.

5. It was Independent Bookstore Day, so fun stuff was happening all over the bookstore, including a scavenger hunt. After finding the answers to some questions, and filling out a sheet of paper, you could turn it in for a prize. I got a giftcard, with which I bought fudge. Cause that's what you do with free money and fudge available to buy.

6. I finally got home around 3ish, and spent the next hour or two reading a little (What If? by Randall Munroe), and generally trying to relax. I was slightly productive, I did get a bit caught up on my Geology reading, but I was mostly trying to decompress from the SAT and all that.

7. We had tuna steaks and cauliflower for dinner, and Isabelle made some cookies.

8. We watched the Avengers and ate cookies.

9. I got a little bit of my Geology lab on plate tectonics done. I'll have to do the rest of it tomorrow.

10. I wrote this, read Jane Eyre, and went to bed. Tomorrow I get to sleep in! But I also have lots of homework to do, so there is that.

4 comments:

  1. Hope the test went well! Love the new blog... kinda Spencer style. Fun to read the play by play for both of you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Spencer's blog was definitely my inspiration for this one. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

      I hope the test went well too! I'll find out officially in 4-6 weeks...

      Delete
  2. Hey I was mentioned! But the reason to this comment, you watched the Avengers! What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was quite good. I've been pretty far removed from the Marvel universe for a long time, and I think that the fact that I haven't seen any of the other movies for the individual characters definitely made it more confusing that it otherwise would have been. Despite that, though, I thought it was well done, and enjoyable. Of course, I watched it because I've been asked by numerous people to go see Age of Ultron, which I now can actually do. ;)

      Delete