Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Sunday, May 10, 2015 {Happy Mother's Day!}

1. Slept in until 8, then had breakfast and got ready.

2. Left for my grandparent's house at about 10:30. We had to make a few stops on the way, so we didn't get there until around noon.

3. The rest of the day was spent at my grandparent's house with my mom's whole family. Both of her sisters and their families were there.

4. There are five of us grandkids (Isabelle and I plus our three cousins) and of the five of us, two are graduating from highschool right now, and two have birthdays in the next week or two. So it was part graduation party, part birthday party, and part mother's day party. Of the five cousins, only poor Isabelle didn't have a particular reason to celebrate.

5. The five of us are close in age (ranging from 18-13), and have always lived relatively close to one another, so we've always been pretty close. There was a push at Thanksgiving by some of the adults to move us all to the main table instead of giving us a kids table. That was the case today too, though when desert was served, we all headed to the back yard. We all loved having a kids table, and the parents want us to integrate in with them, but it's not happening. :P

6. We ate lunch, had some cake, hung out for several hours, and opened some presents.  I ended up with a good deal of cash and some gift cards.

7. We got home around 7pm.

8. After we got home, I realized I hadn't done my Geology homework yet (oops), but luckily it only took me about 30 minutes (the assignment was just to define a bunch of words related to glaciers). I briefly panicked that the post-lab was due Monday also, but I texted C. who reminded me that it's not due until Friday.

9. We watched some Doctor Who, and read Jane Eyre. Then mom and I got into this discussion about Charlotte Bronte, which involved some googling, and we found out that she died at the age of 38! Of the three famous Bronte sisters, she died at 38, Emily died at 30, and Anne died at 29, all within a few months of each other, except for Charlotte who survived her siblings by several years. Their brother died around the same time (was was a similar age). All of the Bronte siblings (including the two oldest sisters who died in childhood) died of tuberculosis.

10. Off to bed, school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment